Arunachal Pradesh Land Settlement and Records Amendment Bill, 2018 was passed by voice vote in the assembly to ensure ownership rights to indigenous tribal people, including communities and clans having land possession certificates (LPCs) in the state.
State lands were regulated by customary laws and people were deprived of any document to claim ownership, though the state graduated to parliamentary democracy in 1975. Thus, they were unable to either mortgage their lands to seek loans from a bank or able to land on a long term lease to any investor or claim compensation if taken by the government.
The historic bill recognizes ownership rights of indigenous people to give land on long term lease up to 33 years, extendable to another 33 years for small and big ventures. This revolutionary act could facilitate investment flow by boosting the local economy.
You can see the official press release by the state government on Arunachal Pradesh Land Settlement and Records given below:
Arunachal Pradesh Land Settlement and Records 2020 PDF
Land Settlement and Records Act to amend the Arunachal Pradesh (Land Settlement and Records) Act, 2000 (Act No.10 of 2003). BE it enacted by the Legislative Assembly of Arunachal Pradesh in the Sixty-ninth Year of the Republic of India as follows:
- This Act may be called the Arunachal Pradesh (Land Settlement and Records) (Amendment) Act, 2018.
- It shall extend to the whole of the State of Arunachal Pradesh.
- It shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
In the Arunachal Pradesh Land Settlement and Records Act, 2000 (Act No. 10 of 2000), (hereinafter referred to as the Principal Act), in section 88, after sub-section (1), the following Sub-Section shall be inserted,-
“(1A) Every person, who holds valid land possession document issued by the competent authority, outside notified forest shall be entitled to be conferred ownership rights on such terms and conditions, as may be prescribed”.
- In the Principal Act, in section 90, for sub-section (1), the following shall be substituted,- “(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act or any other law for the time being in force, a landowner may lease out his land to another person or entity for the permissible land use on such terms and conditions as may be agreed upon between him and such person or entity for such period not exceeding thirty-three years”.
- In section 90, for sub-section (2), the following shall be substituted,- “(2) Every lease of land made after the commencement of this Amendment Act shall be for a period, not exceeding thirty-three years and at the end of the said period, the same can be renewed for a period not exceeding thirty-three years on such modified terms and conditions as may be agreed between both the parties”
How to get your Arunachal Pradesh Land Settlement and Records Document (Online)?
To get land record documents through the official website you just need to follow the easy steps given below:
- Firstly visit the official website
- On the homepage, click one the 3 dot menu from the right side.
- A new side menu will appear to click on ‘Citizen Services’ from the menu.
- It will take to another page where you will find many options, select land records from the given list:
- A new window will open where you need to follow the steps given on the website to get your land records.
Arunachal Pradesh Land Settlement and Records Act-
All the Land related documents are issued from the DC Office of state. any applicant may submit a correctly filled application form along with all supporting documents as required. The address is given below:
Department of Land Revenue & Settlement:
- District Secretariat Namsai, Arunachal Pradesh – 792103
- Location: DC Office, Minister Market, | City: Namsai | PIN Code: 792103
- Arunachal Pradesh (Land Settlement and Records) Act 2018 PDF: Amendment Notification
- Official Website: http://www.arunachalpradesh.gov.in/
Contact Details (Helpline):
We hope that in this article, we have provided you complete information on Arunachal Pradesh Land Settlement and Records. For further assistance, you have to consult in the Tehsildar office and for any technical query contact information is given below:
- Office Address: Office District Informatics Officer
NIC District Centre, District Secretariat, Namsai
Minister Market, Namsai, Arunachal Pradesh 792103
- E-mail ID: email@example.com