Tamil Nadu government has launched an official web portal that has been launched with the objective of digitizing TN’s Land Records (Patta Chitta). You can view your land details and Patta-Chitta documents. Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta is an extremely important government record issued by the Revenue Dept of the state. You can digitize your land records in Tamil Nadu with the help of this portal.
Tamil Nadu Land Records (Patta Chitta)
Today in this article we will share a step-by-step guide article through which you can apply for the Patta Chitta documents easily. We have all details which can help you take benefits of various services available on the Tamil Nadu online land records portal while sitting at your house i.e Patta Chitta Vilakkam, History, App Download, Status, How to apply Patta Online, Patta Name Change in Tamilnadu.
Highlights of Patta Chitta Tamil Nadu Land Record Portal
|Patta Chitta Land Record
|Tamil Nadu State Government
|People of Tamil Nadu
Check out all the important information about Patta Chitta which we have covered in this article and get all legal information like property transfer, opinion, and values of the property.
Before you check the Patta Chitta online application, it is important for you to understand what these two terms mean and how can you make use of the details provided by both Patta and Chitta.
What is Patta?
Patta can be defined as an account maintained by the Thaluk office of a particular area. One owner can have a lot of lands under their name and all of these records will be kept under the Tamil Nadu Patta details. The Patta account is the Primary thing that will help you to open the Tamil Nadu Chitta extract. Without Patta or survey number, you are not authorized to get access to the land details present in Chitta. Patta includes the following details given below: –
- Name of the property owner
- Name of the district concerned, taluka, and village
- Patta number
- Survey Number and Subdivision
- Land Area Information and Tax Details
- Description of land being wetland or dryland
What is Chitta?
Chitta is a legal revenue document giving information about an immovable property which is issued by the concerned Village Administration Officer (VAO) and Taluka office. Chitta provides relevant details about ownership, size, area of land. From this information, land can often be divided into the following categories:
- Wetland (Nanjai)
- Dryland (Punjai).
The Nanjai is referred to as a wetland and it means that land provides water easily. It has proper water sources such as a lake, canal, river, etc.
- Punjai is referred to as dry land, which means land with fewer water reservoirs. this has very low water sources such as well, bore.
- The name of the owner, the number of survey numbers, type of lands everything will be available in the Tamil Nadu Chitta extract only.
- You can just enter the survey number into the website and get the details of Tamil Nadu Patta under which the survey number exists and all the other survey numbers present under that Patta.
- Tamil Nadu government has merged both Patta and Chitta into a single document called Patta Chitta in 2019. From there it is considered to be a legal document
Documents Required for Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta-
To apply for Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta documents through the official website of Tamil Nadu Land Records, you will need the following documents given below:
- Proof of possession – You must present an identity proof to prove that your land belongs to you. You can submit the following documents given below as a land possession.
- Electricity bill
- Paid tax receipt
- For verification, you have to submit the sales deed along with the photocopy to the Tehsildar or concerned office of your area.
Procedure to Apply Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta Online
To apply for Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta you need to follow the given steps:
- First of all, you have to visit the Official Website at https://eservices.tn.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, you have to click on “View Patta & FMB / Chitta / TSLR Extract”.
- Now you have to select your District and Area and then choose anyone from urban or rural.
- Select your respective urban or rural area and click ‘Submit’.
- For urban Area
- Select your district, taluka, and village and select one from Patta or Survey Number and fill the CAPTCHA code and click on the “Submit” button.
For rural Area
Now enter all the details such as district, taluka, city, ward, block, survey number, subdivision number, etc. Finally, fill the CAPTCHA code and click on the “Submit” button.
Application Fee for Patta Chitta Vilakkam-
As you are applying online for the lease document, you will have to pay an amount of Rs 100 through online mode. If you’re applying through CSC Center then the application fee may differ.
How to Check the Status of TN Patta Chitta?
To check status of your online Patta document then you have to follow the simple steps given below:
- Go to the TN e-District Portal at https://edistricts.tn.gov.in/revenue_report/.
- Now enter the ‘Application ID’ and ‘Captcha Values’.
- After that click on the “Get Status” button.
- Now you can see the status of the Patta Chitta application.
Validation of your Patta Certificate-
To verify your Patta certificate you need to follow the steps given below:
- Go to the official website at https://eservices.tn.gov.in/eservicesnew/index.html
- Click on the “Verify Patta” link on the web homepage.
- Now enter the ‘Reference Number’ then click on the “Submit” button.
Transfer of Patta Chitta Online:
The transfer of Patta Chitta is done in the event of a property sale. The process of Patta transfer is similar to the registration process for Patta land. Documents required for transfer of Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta are given below:
- Copy of land sale record
- Proof of possession of your property, water bill or electricity bill, etc.
- An affidavit
The major stages of Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta transfer are as follows:
- For this, you should submit an application to your nearest Tehsildar office.
- Your application will be accepted or rejected after examination of the specified property based on the documents provided with the application form.
Procedure to View A Register Extract:
- Firstly go to the official website of Tamil Nadu e-Services.
- Now click on the “View Patta Copy / A-Register Extract” option on the homepage.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the button “View A-Register Extract”.
- A new page will open in front of you, here you select the district, taluka, village.
- Now you have to enter Survey Number and select Subdivision number
- Then enter the captcha code given in the image and submit it.
- Documents will appear on your screen next.
Procedure to Know Your Application Status-
- To view, first, go to the official website.
- Now you have to click on “Know your Application Status” on the homepage of the website.
- A new page will open here to enter the application ID and the CAPTCHA code.
- Click on the “Check Status” button. All information will appear on your screen.
Verification of Poramboke Land-
- To verify the Porambok land, you have to go to the official website
- Now click on the “Verify Poramboke Land” option which is available on the homepage.
- A new page will open in front of you, as shown below:
- Now enter all the details such as district, taluka, city, ward, block, survey number, subdivision number,
- Now click on the “Submit” button to get the land-related information.
Contact Details (Helpline)-
We hope that in this article, we have provided you complete information on Tamil Nadu Patta Chitta. For further assistance, you have to consult in the Tehsildar office and for any technical query, you can send mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the official website at https://eservices.tn.gov.in/.