Through this article, we will discuss all the aspects of the Nagaland Land Records & Survey Khata No Report (Bhulekh). In the year 1973, the Directorate of Land Records and Survey of Nagaland was established. The headquarters of the Directorate of Land Records and Survey was in Kohima. In August 1975, the headquarter was shifted to Dimapur. As per the Traditional system and Customary Law of each Tribe in Nagaland, the land belongs to the people and its Administration. The activities of the Department are limited to the Administration and maintenance of Land Records of Govt Lands for example Towns, Administrative Headquarters, and Govt Pocket Land.
- 1 Nagaland Land Records
- 1.0.1 Nagaland Land Records & Survey Khata No Report
- 1.0.2 Organization Structure of Nagaland Land Records-
- 1.0.3 The Organization Chart is given below:
- 1.0.4 Ministerial Section (Secretariat):
- 1.0.5 Ministerial Section (Directorate):
- 1.0.6 Ministerial Section (District):
- 1.0.7 How to get your Nagaland Land Records online?
- 1.0.8 How to get Patta Books Nagaland (Bhulekh)?
- 1.0.9 Nagaland Maps (Bhu-Naksha):
- 1.0.10 Contact Details (Helpline):
Nagaland Land Records
Land Records System is applicable only around Dimapur Mouza, Towns Administrative Headquarters, and lands acquired by the government. In the initial stage of land record systems, the activities of the Dept were around Dimapur only. Now as time passed and people are more aware, with this awareness all Administrative Headquarters and other Govt Lands are being Surveyed and all the officers of districts are headed by Land Records & Survey Officers with the staff of field. This Dept is under the observation of the Chief Minister assisted by Parliamentary Secretary and Secretary as HOD. The Department has an eye on the Revenue Administration and Land Records and Survey.
Nagaland Land Records & Survey Khata No Report
Land Records & Survey Khata No Report (Bhulekh Bhu-Naksha) provided by the Land Revenue Department Nagaland. The main functions of the Directorate are listed below:
A) Cadastral Survey:
- All Administrative Head Quarters and towns in the State.
- Land requisition/acquisition.
B) Village recognition.
C) Render technical assistance to the district administration inland settlement and revenue administration.
D) Construction, maintenance & updating of Land Records.
E) State Mapping Agency
Organization Structure of Nagaland Land Records-
The Department is maintained by the Chief Minister itself and it is assisted by the Parliamentary Secretary and Secretary as AHOD. The Dept will have control of the Revenue Administration and Land Records and Survey.
The Organization Chart is given below:
- Directorate level activities:
- Land Revenue Administration: – Nagaland Commissioner will function as the ex-Officio Director of Land Revenue and he is assisted by the Deputy Commissioner at the Headquarter level and ADC/SDO at the Sub Divisional level and two Revenue Officers in Kohima and Dimapur. The Revenue Administration will deal with land Settlement and Collection of Land Revenue.
- The Directorate of Land Records and Survey and Branches: – The Director will act as the Head of Land Records and Survey Dept. The Departmental Works, Activities and Assignments will be managed by the Additional Director, a Joint Director, two Deputy Directors, and two Assistant Directors. The main aim of the Directorate is to construct up-date and maintain Land Records and carry out all Survey works.
- District level: – The Land Records and Survey Officers head the District Land Records and Survey Offices in all the eight districts. They carry out Departmental works and also assist the District Administration in all Technical matters relating to Settlement and Land Revenue.
- Survey Training Institute: – The Survey Training Institute is an important unit of the Directorate of Land Records and Survey. the Institute is headed by A Training Officer in the rank of Land Records and Survey Officer.
- The Institute will provide Training to all in-Service Technical Officers and Staff of the Department. Institute will teach the officers about the importance of Land Records, Settlement, Land Revenue, and Map Reading to the I.A.S. and N.C.S. Probationers of the State.
Ministerial Section (Secretariat):
|S/No||Name of the post||No of post|
Ministerial Section (Directorate):
|Sl. No||Name of the post||No. of post|
Ministerial Section (District):
How to get your Nagaland Land Records online?
To get land record documents through the official website you just need to follow the easy steps given below
- Firstly, you have to visit your respective district Land Records official website e.g https://kiphire.nic.in/ or directly visit https://dlrs.nagaland.gov.in/
- On the homepage, click one citizen services from the main menu.
- It will take to another page where you will find many options, select land records from the given list
- A new window will open where you need to follow the steps given on the website to get your land records.
How to get Patta Books Nagaland (Bhulekh)?
You can follow the given below procedure for checking or getting a copy of Patta Books Nagaland (Bhulekh Bhu-Naksha) Nagaland Land Records:
- For checking Patta Books Nagaland Land Records, peoples should have to take the application form from the Department of Land Record and Survey.
- Different form for a different part of the land has to be taken by the applicant. When you visit the dept office. From the counter of the office, you can take an application form.
- After getting the application form from the officer, then you have to fill the form as required. But carefully read the instruction before filling the application form.
- Then attach photocopies of necessary documents if required. And at last, you have to go to the counter officer for depositing the form; the officer may charge some small charges to you.
- Now the officer will check your land records in their computer records, once verified. Take the print of records. And send it to the concerned officer for the sign.
- The concerned officer verifies and signed the copy and gives it to you. Do not forget to take receipt of the fee at the time of paying fee charges. The copy of land records signed by the authorized officer can be used for commercial purposes.
Nagaland Maps (Bhu-Naksha):
Here you can check NAGALAND Maps (Bhu-Naksha) district-wise. For this, you have to visit the official website of the Directorate of Land Records and Survey, Govt of Nagaland.
Contact Details (Helpline):
We hope that in this article, we have provided you complete information on Nagaland Land Records. For further assistance, you have to consult in the Tehsildar office and for any technical query contact information is given below:
- Office Address: National Informatics Centre O/o The Deputy Commissioner,
- First Floor, DC Office, Kiphire, Nagaland 798-611
- Phone No: (03863) 225551 (O)
- Fax Number: (03863) 225551
- Official Website: https://dlrs.nagaland.gov.in/
Note – Nagaland Land Records, Survey Khata No Report & Online Patta Book. This is an ongoing project. The link is currently under progress…….